Bridal Affairs

Angel of Hearts Weddings offers unique and comprehensive assistance to the discerning bride in planning her wedding, with a full range of services tailored to her needs. Making magic is my passion.

Angel of Hearts Weddings--Watching Over Your Big Day!

Here is a place to share all things wedding! Please share your ideas with me.


Tuesday, February 17, 2009

SPOTLIGHT ON PHOTOGRAPHERS








There are so many photographers and so many styles to choose from that it gets overwhelming! So, I thought I would showcase three wonderful people that deserve your consideration when deciding on
who will capture the moments of your wedding day.
The first photographer is John O'Boyle. John is an award winning staff photographer for the New Jersey Star Ledger and an amazing photo journalistic wedding photographer. He has documented historical moments in history- Hurricane Katrina, 9-11, sports- World Series, US Open, and many other events such as presidential inaugurations and papal visits. He has also documented many weddings with a beautiful touch a perfect mix of color and black and white film.

Here are some of the questions John has been asked and his answers. When choosing a photographer for your wedding, these are the things you will want to know:


How would you describe your style?As a photojournalist
I want to capture special moments that will allow you to relive your wedding day for years to come. My photos never look the same since I keep my eyes open for the photos that make your day unique.

Do you shoot posed group photos?
Of course, these photos are an important part of your family history. I shoot the wedding party and immediate family photos in a quick and efficient manner. I spend more time photographing the bride and groom, since you are the stars of the day, but I want you to spend the most time possible with your guests.

What is the most important skill for a wedding photographer?
Getting along well with people and having fun.

What sets you apart from other wedding photographers?
For 20 years and counting I have been working in the high-pressure world of photojournalism. Working in the New York City metro area allows me to work side by side with some of the world's finest photographers. All the competition keeps you on your toes since you can't miss a shot.A personal portrait session with a Yankees player or a Governor is a challenge since I'm usually allowed only 5 minutes to produce a series of creative portraits. This type of experience sure helps ease the pressure of a wedding day.

Do you shoot color and black and white?
I shoot all my photos in color. I convert some to black and white.

What kind of equipment do you use?
I use the highest quality professional digital cameras and lenses. I keep your digital files safe by storing them on multiple hard drives as well as on off-site servers.
How can people see more of your work?
My website is http://www.johnoboyle.com/ and you can email me at john@johnoboyle.com




No comments: