Bridal Affairs

Angel of Hearts Weddings offers unique and comprehensive assistance to the discerning bride in planning her wedding, with a full range of services tailored to her needs. Making magic is my passion.

Angel of Hearts Weddings--Watching Over Your Big Day!

Here is a place to share all things wedding! Please share your ideas with me.


Monday, April 18, 2011

I PROPOSE

Imagine being proposed to at a baseball game or on TV. We have all seen proposals on The Today Show. Carrie Ann Inaba was proposed to on Regis and Kelly. Writing "Will you marry me?" in the snow- or as one very artistic groom, in the sand, in flowers. One proposal happened on the show Minute To Win It. Proposing in a unique and romantic way isn't an easy thing to do. It takes a creative mind and some planning. It may require making special arrangements, orchestrating a rouse to get her there and getting cooperation from others. But, as these clever grooms did, you can also surprise your bride with a real stunner! Of course, you will need some help. The first time I had a call from a groom to help him plan a proposal, I thought, "this will be fun!" He had an elaborate plan for an anniversary weekend in Philadelphia and a return to a park that they frequented in college. The problem- he lived in Chicago. Knowing what he wanted to do, he and I set about making it happen. I made the arrangements with the park. I called a florist that I knew was up to the challenge of spelling "Will you marry me" in roses across a field. The photographer and I made a trip to decide the perfect angle for the "reveal". A little foot bridge above the "spot" seemed a great vantage point for the bride to discover the flowers and the trees surrounding the spot were perfect for the photographer to hide away to capture the moment. This stunning proposal required a split second timing, a golf cart to transport the flowers and crowd control, as this was a public park. A project that I jumped at the chance to take on. So, if you have a fabulous idea to propose to your future wife- maybe I can help!

No comments: